If you’re in 8th – 12th grade, make sure you take advantage of these FREE SAT Math Prep Sessions at :
- North Dallas high School – Freshmen Center across from the flagpole 3120 N. Haskell Ave, Dallas, Tx
- Barack Obama Male Leadership Academy – 4730 S. Lacanster Road Dallas, Tx
If you have any questions, you can send an email to: email@example.com
The Coca Cola Foundation is now Open!
You can read more at the Coca-Cola site!
In the mean time, you can read the over-view of the Program:
1. Seniors in high schools throughout the United States who meet the eligibility requirements may apply each year for one of 250 four-year, achievement-based scholarships.
2. Approximately 2,200 applicants will be selected as Semifinalists and notified by mail and email around December 1. Semifinalists must then complete a secondary application, including essays, official transcripts, and two letters of recommendation. Semifinalist applications are due by mid-January. Our Program Review Committee will select 250 Finalists to advance to the final interview phase. Notifications are sent mid-February.
3. In April, the 250 Finalists are invited to Atlanta for personal interviews. The Finalists are interviewed by a National Selection Committee representing outstanding leaders in business, government, education and the arts. 50 students are then designated as National Scholars and receive awards of $20,000 for college; 200 students are designated as Regional Scholars and receive awards of $10,000 for college.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- CURRENT high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools);
- U.S. Citizens; U.S. Nationals; U.S. Permanent Residents; Temporary Residents (in a legalization program); Refugees; Asylees; Cuban-Haitian Entrants; or Humanitarian Parolees;
- anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application;
- planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution;
- carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school.
APPLICANTS MAY NOT:
- be children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of Coca−Cola bottling companies, The Coca−Cola Company, Company divisions or subsidiaries.
All of the information has been pulled straight from the site but you can click on the Application link for more details! Let us know if you guys need help filling out the form!
Here’s another scholarship and this one is targeted to students interested in the Criminology Field. Deadline is June 1st, 2012! Check out the link for more information: JUNE 1 LPOA Scholarship Application
The members of the Alpha Omicron Sigma Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc are presenting this GREAT scholarship opportunity for Graduating High School Seniors:
2. Photo attached to front of application
3. Submit two letters of recommendation; one from an adult in your community and one from an adult at your school.
4. 500-1000 word essay on: How will a college education empower you, and how will you turn around and empower your community through your education?
The deadline is May 4th and you can access the scholarship opportunity here and if you need any help, feel free to contact us to help you out with what we can!
The Red, Hot & Snazzy Gala Scholarship 2012-13 is available for:
- High School Seniors
- College Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, & Seniors
1. Upload your own transcript
2. Recommenders-minimum of 2, maximum of 5. Put in their names and email addresses. The system will send them a request.
3. Essay: Write an essay that is at least one page which includes your career aspirations, leadership experiences, and your most significant achievements.
You must create a profile with the site so you can have access to the scholarship. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below!
Hey guys, have you realized that we’re in April now?! Time has flown way too fast and it’s almost graduating time for the Senior Class of 2012! Have you made your plans on what you’re going to do after graduation? At this point, you should be making your College Decisions!!
Here’s a couple of things you should also be doing:
- Attend a Spring college weekend for prospective students
- Start looking at Financial Aid Award letters provided by the colleges you’ve submitted it. Basically, this is the opportunity to see which school is willing to give you more money for you to attend their campus. All Federal Pell Grants, Scholarships offered through the campus, Work-Study, and other financial available is broken down for you in this letter
- Once you’ve looked at the letter, you’ll be able to determined if you need to take out a loan or apply for more 3rd Party Scholarships.
So now that you’re almost done, let us know what else you’re doing to make sure you’re on top of things and be college ready. Leave us a comment and we’ll post them on our next blog post!